You may quickly shift the path of your skateboard without putting your foot off by doing a kick-turn. Raise the head of your skateboard and stand on the rear tires to perform a kick-turn. Jump off the rear tires of your skateboard and spin the front in the new path you wish to travel.
Yet, how to kickturn on a skateboard? Let’s find out step by step.
- To do a kick-turn, first approach the obstacle you want to turn around from the left side.
- Shift your weight onto your back foot and lift your front foot off the board.
- Swing your front leg over the top of the board and place it on the other side, so that you are now facing in the opposite direction.
- Finally, push off with your back foot and re-mount the board with your front foot.
- Make sure to keep your knees bent and your weight on your back foot to help maintain balance throughout the trick.
Practice this move in a safe and controlled environment before attempting it in a more crowded area. With a little bit of practice, you’ll be able to nail this move like a pro!
How to Kickturn On a Skateboard Ramp?
There are a few different ways how to kick-turn on a skateboard ramp. One way is to use the front-side 180 methods. To do this,
- You’ll need to approach the ramp with speed and jump into the air.
- As you’re jumping, spin your body around so that your back is facing the ramp and then kick your legs out in front of you to land on the ramp.
- Another way to kick turn on a skateboard ramp is to use the backside 180 method. To do this:
- You’ll need to approach the ramp from behind and jump into the air.
- As you’re jumping, spin your body around so that your front is facing the ramp, and then kick your legs out in front of you to land on the ramp.
Whichever method you choose, make sure that you practice it enough so that you can do it smoothly and safely.